Sunday 23 June 2013

Just right for a Country Wedding!

 
                                       
This month has seen quite a few of my gowns leave my studio, finished and ready for the big day.
  
I always feel sad when they go, as I get very attached to the gown, given that I have worked on them for several months. I also make friends with the brides. Last weekend was the wedding of a gorgeous bride, Sian, from Plymouth.

The gown was bias cut in a double Crepe backed Satin with an all-over Leavers Lace. Although it is not clear, the gown was in a dark ivory, almost cream colour. It was cut in an empire line, gathered in at the bust and finished with a pretty vintage broach. Small shoulder sleeves just finished off the look, with 32 pearl buttons, and a small train.

Sian loved her gown, and has just sent me this message before she left for her Honeymoon!


“Hi Caroline, I just wanted to email to say thank you so much for making my dream dress come true! I loved every second of wearing it. I felt wonderful in it, and had so many compliments! I will send over a decent picture of it when they come. 
Had an amazing day - best day of my life! And the sun shone!!
Thank you so much.
Lots of Love,

Sian xxx”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...