Monday 25 June 2012

1950's Tea Dress......"Daisy"

I am very proud to introduce my 1950's Tea Dress..."Daisy" named after a very special little girl, who is loved  by my family especially, my daughter Alice.

It is made in a ice pink Silk Dupion. The colour is so, so delicate, and works together well with the lace top that has a dainty silver thread weaving through the floral pattern.

This dress is a typical 1950's style circular skirt with a box pleat at the front, this helps give it that extra swing. It has a simple boned bodice top, side zip, and of course, layers of net for the petticoat.

The finishing touch to this outfit, is the across-the-shoulder lace top. I have used the delicate scalloped edge to frame the neck and shoulders. Little 3/4 length sleeves, and instead of a set-in sleeve, I have used a underarm gusset and a continual sleeve.

It is finished off with 26 roulo loops and buttons down the back. A little, laced, scalloped edging, finishes off the bottom.

To accentuate the waist, I have made a narrow silk belt, and Chanel bow, with a diamonte buckle.

I showcased this gown yesterday at The Vintage Wedding Fair, it was well received and my model was gorgeous. I will post up photo's soon.

Off course, there are many variations to this gown.....  if you are interested in this delightful 1950's gown and era, I'd be delighted to discuss it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...