Tuesday 14 September 2010

New Silks!


Today in the post came lots of new fabrics for the Spring from my suppliers, this is always a exciting time for me, as my mind starts to spin thinking of all those lovely design, maybe later I shall get out my pencils and get totally absorbed , as today we are shrouded in sea mist and fine persistent rain!
What do you think of this simple gown? An old favorite of mine. I have made it in a silk Dupion with a rather intricate lace overlay on the bodice, delicately beaded with little seed pearls. It sits slightly off the shoulder where it is finished with a silk and lace frill sleeve cap. All around the neck edge is a pleated frill to finish off this pretty bodice. The skirt is slightly gathered onto the bodice and is worn with a petticoat. It is finished off with little rulo loops and button at the back. Hand made silk flowers sit at the centre front in a little corsage.... Very feminine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...