Friday 30 July 2010

Using up the scraps!


My dear friend Sarah gave me the inspiration for this cushion. I have cut circles of fabric[scraps from my wedding gowns] and gathered them up, pulled the running thread tight and made a Small mushroom shape. I have then flattened them with the iron to make little flowers. The stems are ric-rac sewn on in green thread, all mounted on a lovely linen and tied with a silk bow. I have made two, One for Sarah and one for my Studio. Oh and a few vintage sparkles on the odd flower, to catch the light!
A good day today. Flora has sold six of her paintings to a delightful shop in the village, so we are all excited for her . Our house is a hive of creative activity. Long may it last!!

1 comment:

  1. Caroline, my cushion is absolutely gorgeous and catches your eye the minute you walk in the room. Thank you, it was such a touching gift! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...